Conventionele sprinkler Vs. Watermist

Auteur Topic: Conventionele sprinkler Vs. Watermist  (gelezen 3521 keer)

0 gebruikers (en 1 gast bekijken dit topic.

Tempo

• Gast
Gepost op: 19 maart 2007, 20:37:50
Al heel vaak over gediscussieerd, maar omdat dit een forum is kunnen we er misschien met z'n allen over discussiëren

Conventionele sprinkler óf watermist?

Om het leuk te maken heb ik van enkele gebruiksfuncties van het BB een voorbeeld toegevoegd:

Kantoorpand
Ziekenhuis
Museum
Basisschool
Winkelcentrum
Bakoven (voedingsindustrie)
Appartementgebouw
Molen
Hotel
Kerk

Ik ben benieuwd hoe jullie hierover denken  8) 8)

Brandpreventist

• Senior gebruiker
Reactie #1 Gepost op: 19 maart 2007, 20:39:13
Over watermist zijn hele leuke filmpjes te vinden op het internet!!  ;) :)

Tempo

• Gast
Reactie #2 Gepost op: 19 maart 2007, 20:43:40
waar?

En zijn er ook filmpjes over conventionele sprinkler?

Brandpreventist

• Senior gebruiker
Reactie #4 Gepost op: 19 maart 2007, 22:41:53
rapport uit 2003: http://www.touchbriefings.com/pdf/13/hosp031_p_VAARI.PDF

(...)

C o n c l u s i o n
Water-mist technology is an emerging fire
protection technology. It has properties that make
it an attractive choice for selected applications, in
particular where low water consumption by the
fire protection system is beneficial. A responsible
way of implementing this new technology is to
ensure that the technology is properly tested to
meet the requirements set by the application.
Currently, consensus test protocols and approval
procedures exist to ensure that the fire performance
of water-mist systems is adequate for the lowest
hazard classes (especially LH1 and OH1). Also, a
growing number of test protocols are under
development to further expand the applicability of
water-mist systems.
The true challenge with water-mist systems is to
understand the limits of installation parameters
within which a tested system can be safely applied to
real-life situations. Water-mist technology is
available for the protection of healthcare
occupancies. Understanding this technology is the
healthy way to care for fire safety.

Brandpreventist

• Senior gebruiker
Reactie #5 Gepost op: 19 maart 2007, 22:59:19
Volgens mij zie ik hier een her ontstekening....  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brandpreventist

• Senior gebruiker
Reactie #6 Gepost op: 19 maart 2007, 23:02:12
http://www.nfsa.org/info/sprinklers.PDF

Saving Lives, Saving Money
AUTOMATIC
SPRINKLERS
A 10 YEAR STUDY
A d e t a i I e d h i s t o r y o f t h e
e f f e c t s o f t h e a u t o m a t i c
s p r i n k I e r c o d e i n
S c o t t s d a I e , A r i z o n a

(...)

Executive
Summary

In the early 1980's, a unique opportunity presented itself to the rapidly growing City of Scottsdale,
Arizona and the Rural/Metro Fire Department. Technology was changing and serious discussion
was beginning to take place within the fire protection community that was related to developing
better methods of pro-viding more efficient and effective community fire safety. Many in the fire
protection community understand there is not one single method of protection that can provide the
answers to all the variables associated with providing effective fire protection. However, some
items can make more of a positive impact than others, if one is willing to honestly evaluate the
benefits and results that can be obtained.
This report will look specifically at one community's history and efforts to address the fire
problem. It will outline the steps used in Scottsdale to research, adopt, implement, and now
evaluate the benefits that this community received as a result of embracing and using sprinkler
technology to help address the current and future fire problem.
In July of 1985, when Scottsdale passed Ordinance #1709, there were still numerous
questions related to the effectiveness and wisdom of using built-in protection to replace some of
the traditional resources commonly used by the fire service. It was well established that automatic
sprinkler protection could have a positive impact on large risk facilities. Why couldn't this type of
equipment be used in the structures that are the most dangerous to our citizens: their homes?
Now, ten years later, the decision to embrace this philosophy has produced numerous
documented benefits. Many of the early questions have been answered. The cost and economics
associated with built-in protection can be addressed through design freedoms without negatively
impacting fire suppression effectiveness. The impact and installation costs have been reduced
dramatically, from $1.14 sq. ft to $0.59 sq. ft. The average fire loss per sprinklered incident was
only $1,945, compared to a non-sprinklered loss of $17,067. Automatic protection had a direct role
in saving eight lives. One or two heads controlled or extinguished the fire 92% of the time, with the
majority of the exceptions a result of flammable liquid incidents. Estimated water flows were
substantially reduced for this community. The potential structural fire loss has been dramatically
reduced for sprinklered incidents. When the city finally reaches its full growth potential, it is
estimated that it will be a community with over 300,000 residents and more than 65% of the
residential homes and 85% of commercial property protected with automatic sprinkler systems.
There are many more examples of the experiences and benefits in the report that follows.
The City of Scottsdale fosters innovation and constantly seeks to challenge traditional ways
of thinking when it comes to providing quality, cost effective services to their citizens. This was
very evident in the late 1970's and early 1980's, when much of the breakthrough research with
residential sprinkler systems was being accomplished. Much of the credit for the success of this
program has to go to the past and current political leadership of the City of Scottsdale. These
community leaders objectively evaluated the impact, along with the cost and benefits that could be
obtained by dramatically changing the approach to providing community fire protection. Without
the vision and support of these leaders, the progress which is outlined in this document, would not
have been possible. This commitment to technology, change and innovation has resulted in the
City of Scottsdale becoming one of the most fire safe communities in the country.

(...)

Brandpreventist

• Senior gebruiker
Reactie #7 Gepost op: 19 maart 2007, 23:31:26
Voor watermist zou ik nog wat meer data willen zien voor dat ik akkoord zou gaan. Ik denk wel dat het een systeem met potenties is. Alleen hoe het zich houd op lange termijn?? ???

Pj

• Junior gebruiker
Reactie #8 Gepost op: 22 maart 2007, 11:34:37
Hebben jullie met deze al ervaring: www.hi-fog.com ?

Zo ja, wat zijn jullie bevindingen?

Pj

• Junior gebruiker
Reactie #9 Gepost op: 22 maart 2007, 11:35:24
te snel geklikt  :)

Nederlandse dealer: www.firetechnology.nl